We Are …
The American Immigration Council (the "Council") works to strengthen America by shaping how America thinks about and acts towards immigrants and immigration and by working toward a more fair and just immigration system that opens its doors to those in need of protection and unleashes the energy and skills that immigrants bring.
The Center for Inclusion and Belonging works to change hearts and minds towards those considered the “other” and builds bridges across differences. Through the Center, the Council invests in the genuine attitude and behavior changes our country needs to heal and move towards a more united future. The Center’s campaigns and interventions provide all people in America with unifying messages and experiences that reinforce their sense of connection, community, and shared destiny. The Center’s four pillars of work include: Trainings, Campaigns, Research, and Community of Practice.
We are seeking talent to join our team!
Your Role …
The Program and Operations Associate will play a critical role in shaping the build out of processes and programs at the Center for Inclusion and Belonging. The Program and Operations Associate will support the Director and Senior Manager of Strategy and Partnerships across essential program functions, which may include coordinating travel, scheduling and meeting preparation, drafting and managing contracts with external vendors, tracking grant applications and reporting procedures, coordinating consultants, and implementing internal and external processes.
In addition to the aforementioned duties, the Program and Operations Associate will also play a supporting role with: (1) program development; (2) keeping track of program activities and preparing reports; (3) managing our contact management databases; and (4) website management and coordination with the Council’s communications team.
As with all positions at the Council, this position requires commitment to the Council’s mission and the organization’s culture of philanthropy.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement internal protocols for tracking and reporting on work, internal communications, and coordinating with Council staff and external partners and constituents.
- Ensure the effective administration and operation of program related tasks, in coordination with Center Staff and other Council staff.
- Coordinate and manage RFP processes and contracts, including Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with vendors, consultants and grantees.
- Track grant applications, reporting dates/requirements, donor communications, and support the drafting of grant reports.
- Organize and support internal and external meetings/convenings, which will include event management tasks such as managing calendars and travel, organizing venues, ordering food, sending invites, collecting RSVP’s, and post-meeting follow up.
- Support the management of our digital infrastructure, including website, blog production, and social media channels.
- Help manage external communications and keep contact management systems updated.
- Perform other duties, including administrative tasks, as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Some college preferred or commensurate professional experience
- 4+ years of program and operations-related experience required.
Our Workplace …
We offer an extremely generous total compensation package (salary and benefits). Benefits include – medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, monthly transit subsidy, flexible work schedules, 3+ weeks’ vacation, 11 Federal holidays, on-site fitness center and many more exciting benefit programs.
Your Colleagues …
- Dedicated, dynamic, collaborative and compassionate.
- A community of individuals passionate about their work.
For consideration, qualified applicants are to submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement. cover letter should include a summary of how your background, knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
NOTE: Applications without cover letters and which do not indicate desired salary may not be considered.
Direct hire only – NO recruiters (mail, email, fax or phone).
The American Immigration Council ("Council") is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.
The Council believes that diversity is a strength. The Council is committed to being a safe, respectful and inclusive space, where a broad range of viewpoints and experiences are encouraged and every member of its staff and board is given the opportunity to thrive.