We Are …
The American Immigration Council (the "Council") works to strengthen America by shaping how America thinks about and acts towards immigrants and immigration and by working toward a more fair and just immigration system that opens its doors to those in need of protection and unleashes the energy and skills that immigrants bring.
We are seeking talent to join our team!
Your Role …
The Business Development Manager is an experienced professional responsible for the growth and richness of the International Exchange Center’s programming and revenue streams as well as ensuring the Department’s alignment with the Council’s mission of providing opportunities to increase the mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchanges.
This position focuses on developing, implementing, and assessing marketing initiatives and outreach activities to implement programming to expose citizens of other countries to the American people and culture and at the same time leveraging the exchange experience to support the Council’s mission of shaping American’s opinions about immigrants’ contributions to economic prosperity and innovation. This position builds relationships with businesses, government agencies, and other organizations in order to foster strategic partnerships, identify and develop hosting site opportunities, and establish business arrangements.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates new J1 Programs that align with the Council’s organizational and financial goals.
- Develops a robust marketing and outreach strategy for new programming that ensures successful placements and enhances the Council’s reputation as a well-run J1 program that provides excellent customer service.
- Works with the Senior Exchange Operations Manager to develop a robust marketing and outreach strategy for existing programming that enhances the Council’s reputation as a well-run J1 program that provides excellent customer service.
- Researches potential partners (private corporate, government agencies, and other organizations) to collaborate with in creating new J1 programs that best align with the Council’s strategic short- and long-term priorities and mission.
- Creates activities and events to cultivate and maintain relationships with committed partners that support the Council’s principles.
- Researches, develops, and implements plans for expanding the Council presence.
Responsible for ascertaining new funding sources for the International Exchange Center by:
- Working with senior staff to identify, develop, and solicit grants from new potential foundation and organizations.
- Establishing rapport and working relationships with potential funders.
- Submitting proposals to engage potential partners on behalf of the Council in a timely and consistent manner. This includes developing concepts, gathering and formatting information and preparing clear communications.
- Maintaining regular communication with potential and existing funders regarding the Center’s and Council’s work and ensuring that all reporting is submitted accurately and on-time.
Required Education and Experience
- 5 years relevant experience
Our Workplace …
We offer an extremely generous total compensation package (salary and benefits). Benefits include – medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, monthly transit subsidy, flexible work schedules, 3+ weeks’ vacation, 11 Federal holidays, on-site fitness center and many more exciting benefit programs.
Your Colleagues …
- Dedicated, dynamic, collaborative and compassionate.
- A community of individuals passionate about their work.
For consideration, qualified applicants are to submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement. cover letter should include a summary of how your background, knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
NOTE: Applications without cover letters and which do not indicate desired salary may not be considered.
Direct hire only – NO recruiters (mail, email, fax or phone).
The American Immigration Council ("Council") is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to treating all applicants and employees without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religious creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veterans status, citizenship and immigration status, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, advertising, recruiting, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination.
The Council believes that diversity is a strength. The Council is committed to being a safe, respectful and inclusive space, where a broad range of viewpoints and experiences are encouraged and every member of its staff and board is given the opportunity to thrive.